Previous Blog Posts

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Just a Thought...Losing Weight.

Just a Thought....Losing Weight. I can remember as a kid being skinny and rail-thin. I was always full of energy and bouncing off the walls. I had a high metabolism and could literally eat whatever I wanted as a kid. When I got older and closer to adulthood, I can remember my dad saying "I wish I could still eat like that and stay your size." I never knew what he meant. I was too young and stupid to care. Once I graduated high school and started working for my family, I was always eating greasy, fatty junk food. If it was healthy or had any kind of green color to it, I was out. Salads were for losers, vitamins were for old people and eating healthy was for hippies. I can remember vividly one morning eat some fresh, hot Menudo and my Uncle came into the back eating area and saw me eating that bowl of Menudo. He looked with a look of desire but restrain because he knew the consequences if consumed. He told me "Son, enjoy it while you can because one day you won't be able to eat the same." I just shrugged my shoulders and said "Okay." with a bit of dismission in my tone. I was thinking to myself, "Fuck off old man, what do you know about this and my future." Little did I know that one day he would be right. He knew because he was already walking down that path. I can remember him taking Fish Oil, Omega 3 and Vitamin B to remain in a healthy state of living. Who knew that this would be the challenge that I would face. All those years that I could have been concentrating on my health and wellness. I wasted it on my youth doing stupid things. My metabolism slowed down, I started to eat to cope with feeling and I gained a lot of weight. So much, how about to the tune of 289 pounds. The heaviest that I had ever been in my entire life. After the injury to my foot and returning to work I had gained so much weight in the four months that I was unable to walk normally, it was a struggle. I knew that I had to lose weight or be like this forever. The pain was almost unbearable at first but as time moved on and so did I, things began to change. I began to notice that the swelling and leg and foot pain was getting easier to control. When I started my new job, it only made me more active and have to face my weight issues head-on. It wasn't easy, I made some drastic eating lifestyle changes. It still isn't easy to kill the craving but it is getting easier to build restraint from just eating emotionally. The sweat and work haven't been for nothing. In seven months I have gone down in weight from 289 lbs to 261 lbs. I weighed myself this morning and was pleasantly surprised. I am a few steps closer to my first real milestone and that I am getting my weight to 250 lbs. My Uncle was right and knew damn good and well what he was telling me back then, I was just too young and stupid, only worried about my clothes, women and going out. I just want to say that it isn't going to get any easier going forward but I am looking forward to the challenge. Please help and support me if you can, some days I need the encouragement. So until tomorrow, remember that this was....just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel! Just keep working a little bit at a time and we will support each other!

    ReplyDelete

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...