Previous Blog Posts

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Just a Thought...The Rise of The Female.

Just a Thought....The Rise of The Female. I usually try to shy away from controversial subjects but this is one that I keep close to the vest. Why? Because as a father of three daughters, how I can I look them in the eyes and tell them they can become whatever they dream of becoming if they try hard and not totally believe the words that are coming out of my mouth. I want my daughters to be raised in a world that one day will have a female president, that a female will one day the richest person in the world and that a woman can be seen as an equal to her male counterpart. I saw my first example of what a woman can accomplish if she is motivated enough and learns that she doesn't have to accept the rules of the male-dominated society that existed. My grandmother Elvira P' Leal, she was the patriarch of the family and standing around only 4'10" she was every bit as tough as she was caring and compassionate to all those who came in contact with her. I want my daughters to learn that no matter the circumstances they can achieve so much and they don't have to look very far to find a good example. But I know that there are so many others out there who are grinding, working or are starting that journey to one-day breakthrough to that next level. You are the leaders we will all need and I love to read, follow and encourage these strong female leads, so as they grow and become the leaders this generation needs, they will also leave behind a path that someday young girls, like my daughters, will have a way to follow in their footsteps. Mothers, artists, writers, musicians, mechanics, teachers, poets, and entrepreneurs alike will be the next wave of women to help shape and change the world in front of them and make it a better place behind them. I was raised by a woman and learned a lot of the things that would be the foundation of what I was to become when I became a man. If you are one of these incredible women out there...keep hustling, keep dreaming and keep blazing that path. You have my support and the support of so many others who believe in what you are and what you do. It can be tough but anything worth fighting for is never going to be easy or fair. Keep pushing anyways. Until we meet again, this was.....just a thought

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...