Previous Blog Posts

Monday, August 19, 2019

Just a Thought....The Heat.

Just a Thought....The Heat. So I live in Texas and each summer, those of us that live must prepare ourselves for the sweltering heat. We know that it is coming ever summer but yet once it arrives we act as though it has caught us off guard. I for one, know that each year as I get older, that doesn't get any easier having to work in this heat. As a matter of fact, with each passing summer, it feels like it is taxing on my body. It's not natural to get you car to drive to work at 4 a.m. in the morning and the temperature reading in my car say 85 degrees at 4 a.m. Talk about sweating before the sun has even come up. When I leave in the evening to go home the reading in my car is at one hundred and eleven degrees. I know that we have air conditioners in our cars and houses but they only do us some good when we are inside. If you have to work outside in that heat, it is not fun. It is miserable all the way up until you get off and go home. Sweating is a given when living in the sunbelt. I sometimes don't even have to do any strenuous activity to just begin to start pouring sweat. I know that it gets hot in other parts of the country but its the humidity that sets us apart and manages to get the temperature and heat index to rise to the point of being naturally unbearable. I know that eventually, the temps will drop and things will beautiful when the fall arrives but until we leave the oven door on and let it keep cooking to the point of perfection. It's just so funny when out of towners come here and have never set foot in this great state but come to visit and are taken aback from memories of other visitors who complain about the Texas Heat. I hate the heat as well and I live here but I will love the great State of Texas forever because it the best home a guy could want or need. So as I go to get in bed and mentally prepare myself for the heat tomorrow. I just want to say goodnight and until we meet again tomorrow, this was....."Just a Thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...