Previous Blog Posts

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Just a Thought.....Coming Home.

Just a Thought....Coming Home. This post is dedicated to my friend and author Kate Stewart. So when I was growing up as a kid in the town of Lancaster, Texas. One of my favorite things that I did was look up in the sky and watch the planes at night zip across the sky. I used to watch the blinking lights move slowly across the darkness like a shooting star. I always wonder whether that plane was coming or leaving or better yet, where was it going exactly? I told myself that one day I would be on one of those planes flying away to somewhere fun or exotic, jet setting off to an important business meeting. Well, things didn't quite turn out that way. I never left my home town and I am fine with that aspect of my life. But for those who did leave town whether it was for college, getting married or a business opportunity that required them to move away. Do you ever come back to the place the shaped you as a kid? Do you feel nostalgic? Does it feel like home, just like when you were a kid or has it been so far gone that you don't recognize it? I wonder what the percentage is of people that have left this town and have never been back. I don't know that answer to that question but I believe that those who do come back feel that nostalgia. Where I live now is home, but there is something about going back to the home I grew up that takes me back to my youth and I feel like a 10-year-old kid. To me, that will always be home, just like this town will always be home. No matter where the world takes me going forward, this town will always have a special part of my heart. I hope that my kids will feel this way one day about the house we live in now. I really would like to hear from those of you who no longer live here and have planted roots somewhere else. When and if you do come back to your hometown, how does it make you feel? So give Author Kate Stewart a read (She is all over Amazon and various social media, oh yeah she writes pretty damn good books too) and welcome her back to the great state of Texas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...