Previous Blog Posts

Friday, August 9, 2019

Just a Thought...The Last Week of Summer.



Just a Thought...The Last Week of Summer. Summer was always the most magical time of the as a child. Not having to get up on a schedule, staying up all hours of the night. Not having to think about educating my brain. I was just worried about what was there to eat, how late was I going to sleep in and what was on MTV. But just as all good things had to come to an end, so did summer. The last week of summer was always a drag. That meant having to go back to school shopping for clothes, supplies and having to figure out what school I was supposed to be going to and what classes. Looking back, how little did I know how made I had it as a kid. It was my parents who suffered and now as a parent, I understand why? Why were they so eager to send us back to that dreadful, awful place with those mean people who only had it out for us. Now that I have kids of my own, I see what my parents had to deal with except a few things that technology has made so much easier to deal with. Like ordering their uniforms only, getting school supplies delivered to your front door. Yet here I am still complaining. As a kid, it was terrible because we had to learn to go to bed on a schedule. We all had to get dressed and spend a whole day, maybe two going school shopping for me and all of my brothers and sisters. We had to put all our school supplies together and then we had planned out what to wear on the first day of school, and being a kid with no style, that was a bit of a task. As a parent, it is making sure that everyone has what they need and making sure the kids know their classes and who their teachers are for this year. And planning out how to drop off the kids because the first day of school is always a cluster fuck with cars and parents and kids everywhere. I always remembered my dad just dropping us off and asking us did we know where to go and off to work he went. Things have changed with the way schools handle the first day but the last week of summer was always the best of times and the worst of times to quote Dickens. So until tomorrow, this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...