Previous Blog Posts

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Just a Thought....Quitting.

Just a Thought.....Quitting. The subject of tonight's post really hits home with me. Quitting has always been something I have done when I get bored with something or I let life get the way of my dreams. I have started and stopped writing this blog so many times. I hear the little voices in my head telling me that your writing is crap, nobody reads it, why work yourself so much trying to come up with content and ideas to write about because you know yourself and once you get tired, you're going to give up again. So what is so different this time from the other times you have given up? I don't know, it's just a gut feeling this time. I feel different this time. I feel compelled to write, to express my feelings, my ideas and write them down on a screen and share them with whoever honors me with their time to read it. I then remember what I told myself, I write for me. Not for anyone else and I shouldn't give two shits if anybody reads it. It's your will and your passion that makes you sit down at this desk every evening and write. It's been so hard to fight that urge that has usually gotten the best of me. The one that says your too tired to write. You can skip a day and jot something down tomorrow. Then that is when the fatal mistake happens and I catch myself doing it more often until I just find myself not even sitting down to write at all. The sad part is that I have lost so much time to procrastination that I could have been working my tail off to get so much closer to the goals I had envisioned for myself. Just quit...just do what comes naturally. No! Not this time, you will not get the best of me. I have been pushing myself and my limits and I am finding that my limits are getting broader and broader with each passing day. I know that if I give up this time, all my dreams and all my hopes die with it. I am reaching for positives, looking for positive people, positive messages and reading and listening to motivational speakers every day. I am taking personal assessments of myself and reading down, then adjusting to get to my small milestones. I want to have my novel finished by the end of next month, I am actively looking at employment that has to do with writing and I have two screenplays that I have been working on alternately. So if you think I am going anywhere this time, your wrong. God willing that he gives me the opportunity to wake up, I will be dreaming and pushing to achieve my potential and honor him by using the talents that he has granted me. So I want to thank all of you who have given me support and the courage to push myself. It means the world to me. So until we meet again tomorrow, this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...