Previous Blog Posts

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Just a Thought....Relief.

Just a Thought....Relief. The summer usually blares on without any relief as the heat just beams down on you to the point of surrender. But today was a great day..a day of much-needed relief from the sun and its terrorist reign on the earth or at least in Texas. I was really starting to forget what it was like to actually jump in my vehicle and to touch the steering wheel without singeing my hands from the extreme heat. It was great to roll down the freeway with the windows down and not instantly melt from the sunbeams burning ever so brightly. There was an actual spotting of some much-needed rain. It was magnificent and glorious at the same time. Well probably except for those people who no matter the time of season get into accidents in the rain. It probably sucked for them but to me, it was like God came down and watered his precious flowers with some much-needed rain from above. I almost started to cry because I had forgotten what raindrops looked like and I had considered them long forgotten like the Dodo Bird. Not only was today such a great occurrence but tomorrow is supposed to be similar to today's weather forecast. I know that there is a God and he is smiling down on Texas. I look at the calendar on the wall and know that fall can't be too far off, all the signs are coming back to remind me. The kids are going back to school, football is right around the corner and before you know it, The State Fair of Texas will be opening up for another year. That is when I usually know that fall is here to stay for a while and the days of 108-degree heat indexes are long gone. So please those of you that live in the state, enjoy it. for those of you, that live somewhere else and it's still hot. I'll be thinking of you while I soak the water from the sky. Remember to stay hydrated and carry an umbrella because you never about this weather here in Texas. So stay dry and party on. So until tomorrow, remember that this was..... just a thought.

2 comments:

  1. You're a great writer dude, keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment...I will do my best to keep writing.

      Delete

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...