Previous Blog Posts

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Just a Thought....Calamity.

Just a Thought....Calamity. This day started out like any other day. I got up, took a shower and made myself lunch and a pot of coffee before work. I let the dogs out to relieve themselves and went to pour the coffee. The first thing is I didn't turn on the coffee maker and second when I did, I realized that I didn't put the drip tray that catches the grinds and the filter back in the coffee maker. So needless to say that there were coffee grinds in my cup. I grabbed my lunch and my effects and shot out the door and headed to work. So things just seemed like a normal day, I loaded my truck and headed out for delivery. Little did I know that when I arrived at my first stop, I got down to make the delivery and glanced down at my shoes. I hadn't even noticed that I was wearing two different shoes. Thank God they were both black and apparently no one noticed. If any of you have ever seen The Shawshank Redemption, the part where Andy Dufrane walks out of the office with the warden's shoes and no one notices is totally believable and true. I made it the whole day and no noticed my blunder. That wasn't the grand finale, I saved the best for last. So once I made it to my last delivery, I had just one medium-sized box to deliver and I would be able to call it a day. I grabbed the box and didn't adjust for the weight when I grabbed it. It slipped through my hands and the bottom of the box landed just perfectly on top of the fire extinguisher in the cab of my truck. I saw smoke begin to billow and a hissing sound began to emerge from underneath the box. Forgetting that the extinguisher was righty where I dropped the box, I just assumed that the noise and the smoke were coming from the box I was about to deliver. I swung the door open on my truck and hopped out thinking the box or truck was going to explode. I just saw the whole cab of my truck fill and billow with nothing but what I thought was smoke. Until I remember that the fire extinguisher was there and ran to the passenger side and remove the box. The cab of my delivery truck was a powder mess. It was everywhere in the inside of the truck. The AC was pushing out the extinguisher dust that had shot in the vents. it was a nightmare, a real fucking mess. I made the delivery covered in soot and headed to the nearest Car wash. I was able to clean out all the mess and it took some time and a lot of paper towels. All I could do was laugh at my own calamity and realized that it can happen to anyone, it wasn't even a bummer or something that would have put me in a bad mood if this had happened at some other point in my past. But I just look at the silver lining and keep moving forward. Even in the most terrible moments, if we believe and put our trust in our Lord and savior. No matter the circumstances, we can walk away knowing it could always be worse. So I keep up head up and walk with faith. It is still funny that my backpack still had small amounts of dust inside. So with that in mind, I will bid you adieu and go try to start tomorrow with a better chance of luck. So until we meet again, this was...Just a Thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...