Previous Blog Posts

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Just a Thought....Commuting to Work.

Just a Thought....Commuting to Work. This is one of the best and the worst things I have to do every day. The necessary drive back and forth to work. Every weekday we have to wake up and make the trek to work. And once we have put in our time for the day we have to make the trek back home. The reason I say that it is the best and worst is that depending on my mood and the traffic, it can become my own time to relax and unwind or it can be my own personal hell. Driving to work so early in the morning definitely has its perks. Number one is hardly no traffic at all. So that is a good time to use for my own personal reflection time. But when your tired or just don't have the usual Moxy to take in the workday, it can be such a drag because all you want to be doing is sleeping in your warm bed at home. In the afternoon, it is usually a drag because you catch traffic on the way home. The same thirty-minute jaunt to work can now suddenly take an hour to travel. Which is most often than times a pain in the ass. But like anything in life, there is also a silver lining. When your in a good mood and the toons are flowing, it's like your own private concert in your vehicle. You can sing and dance to your heart's content. It can give you the time you need to think about stuff you need to do once you get home. But when stressing about things that happened at work or you're in a real hurry to get home because you have something important to do. It is the worst because that is when there is an accident on every highway or you get in the lane with the world's slowest driver. Or because there are so many cars on the highway, everything gets jammed packed and cars have to move at a turtle's pace. I always try to make the best of my commute but there are times that I just get frustrated with the traffic jams and accidents. I hope that some of you out there share this same kind of story about the daily commute. But I am also sure that there are the lucky bastards out there that can telecommute. To you, I say congratulations on finding a great job and you suck because we are envious of you. Just kidding, but to all of you out there that have to travel to work tomorrow morning. I say good luck and goodnight. Oh yeah, and this was....just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...