Previous Blog Posts

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Just a Thought...Clowns.

Just a Thought.....Clowns. As a kid, one of the highlights of my summer was going to see the now-defunct Ringling Brothers & Barney and Bailey Circus. Watching all the animals do such amazing feats and the high flying acrobatics involved in some of the acts was always eye-catching. But for me, I thoroughly enjoyed the crazy, funny antics of the clowns. The bits they the clowns usually did was something that just tickled my fancy. I never in my wildest dreams associated clowns with scary, horrifying terror. Something more apt to scare the shit of children than to entertain and make you laugh. I don't know where this actual transition occurred but many say that happened when Steven King wrote IT. The clown suddenly took on a different connotation in the way they were perceived in society. I can remember a few years ago my kids watching YouTube videos of scary clowns and being truly terrified. The name Pennywise has taken the center stage and definitely pushed names like Bozo the Clown into the shadows. Even later in life with cartoon characters like Krusty the Clown are just an afterthought to Pennywise. So much so that they are making a sequel of this terrifying clown and his scary-looking character. I hate that kids these days are more afraid of the clown than joyous to see the funny things that clowns were supposed to make us feel...laughter and joy. To actually bring a smile to my face. I still like to associate then with balloon animals, juggling balls and walking in stilts and bring happiness to all who are watching. I am hopeful that this cycle changes and we once remember the clowns for their ability to cheer us up. So send in the clowns..They're already here....so until we meet again tomorrow. This was....just a thought

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Thought....Coping.

Just a Thought....Coping. I write this post tonight with a different heart and mindset. One of the hardest things to accept when you go down...